Boost Your Student’s Confidence, Connect With a Learner Tutor
The Bottom Line
- How Does Statistics Tutoring Help Students? A statistics tutor addresses each student’s unique challenges so they can grasp the material and score better on homework and tests.
- Benefits of Statistics Tutoring: Statistics tutoring allows students to work at their own pace, focus on the areas where they need help, and gain strong analytical skills.
- Why Go With Learner’s One-on-One Online Tutoring? With Learner, your child can connect with world-class educators from the comfort of home.
- Does My Child Need a Tutor? If your child is having difficulty keeping up in statistics class, finishing homework, and scoring well on tests, a private math tutor can help.
- Ready to schedule that free session? Take the next step with our matching quiz!
Is your child having a hard time with their statistics homework and tests? It’s not uncommon for high school students to find statistics challenging, even if they thought previous math classes were easy. Statistics requires strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of probability theory, things that aren’t intuitive for everyone.
Fortunately, a private statistics tutor can help your child succeed. With Learner, your student can work one-on-one with an expert educator, building the knowledge and skills they need to excel. Our online tutors offer customized lessons, a patient and supportive environment, and continuous feedback, so students can see their progress and regain academic confidence.
How Does Statistics Tutoring Help Students?
Many students who struggle with statistics have trouble understanding the core elements of probability theory. Without a firm grasp of probability distributions, permutations, combinations, and data analysis, students have difficulty analyzing data to identify trends and make accurate predictions. Additionally, many students have trouble displaying and modeling data accurately, which is a vital skill for success in statistics class.
Looking at the report on how American students perform in math, issued by the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES), you can gauge where your student falls around the national average.
With Learner, your student gets the precise help they need to catch up to their peers. Your child’s tutor will listen to their frustrations and figure out exactly which concepts are causing issues. Then, they’ll design customized lessons to address those areas, allowing your student to ask questions and work at their own pace to master the material. Our tutors provide feedback after every session, so you and your child can see their progress.
Learner tutors don’t just “teach to the test” or spend excessive time getting students to memorize problem-solving formulas and algorithms. Instead, they engage in deep discussions about the material, often providing examples of real-world statistics applications. These relatable problems help students understand why it’s so important to understand statistics and data analysis, which can give an extra boost of motivation and prepare students for college.
What Are the Benefits of Statistics Tutoring?
What does a math statistics tutor do and Is it really worth investing in private statistics tutoring? Yes. Most students enjoy many benefits beyond an improvement in their grades. Here are some advantages you and your child can look forward to with one-on-one math instruction.
Being an effective statistics tutor requires more than just a passion for math – strong teaching skills are essential. With Learner, your child isn’t working with a high school or college student who tutors as a side gig. Every Learner tutor is a highly educated math expert with years of tutoring experience. We only hire applicants with the best qualifications and proof that their prior students made substantial, sustainable progress.
Innovative online platform
Learner tutors meet with their students online via our state-of-the-art virtual classroom. This online space is designed to be an excellent learning environment free of the distractions that exist in most traditional classrooms.
Students can video chat with their tutors and use the virtual whiteboard to work on problems collaboratively. There’s even an upload function that allows students to submit worksheets to get feedback on their work or see answers to confusing questions.
With Learner, your student can expect to see better grades and test scores quickly. But you don’t have to wait for the next report card to know that the tutoring sessions are working. After each lesson, your child’s tutor will provide detailed feedback on their performance and progress. You and your student will see exactly which concepts they’ve mastered and which ones still need work.
Every online Learner session is recorded and made available for on-demand playback. This allows students to rewatch their lessons during homework or study time. It’s a great way to review formulas or augment class materials with the tutor’s sample problems. It also provides peace of mind to parents.
Statistics has countless applications in various fields, from economics, computer science, and political science to medicine and cryptography. Unfortunately, many traditional statistics textbooks feature boring problems that make students wonder why they need to learn this subject.
Learner tutors make statistics exciting and practical, offering intriguing examples from diverse industries. This focus on real-world applications can help students appreciate statistics and prepare them to apply their newfound skills in college and in their careers.
A teacher in a traditional classroom provides general lessons designed to meet the average student’s needs. But those lectures and examples don’t always help students who are stuck on a few specific statistics concepts.
With Learner statistics tutoring, each lesson is customized for the student. Your child will get help with the specific math problems and concepts they’re struggling with, so they can progress efficiently without wasting time on things they already know.
With Learner, your student can work at their own pace. They won’t spend extra time on the statistics concepts they already understand. Instead, they can use all the time they need to gain in-depth knowledge on the topics they need help with.
At the end of each tutoring session, your student’s Learner tutor will identify areas of growth and note the topics that still need work. They can offer study tips to help students understand what they need to do to prepare for upcoming quizzes or tests. For most students, the freedom to set the pace of the course leads to more confidence and faster learning.
In-depth knowledge of probability theory
Statistics focuses on the applications of probability theory. Unfortunately, many aspects of probability seem confusing or counterintuitive. Students often have trouble analyzing data correctly because they lack the necessary knowledge of probability theory.
A tutor can take the time to explain confusing concepts and provide relevant examples so students can develop a strong grasp of these critical topics. Then, they can apply those concepts to data sets so students understand the link between probability theory and data analysis.
Strong problem-solving skills
Problem-solving skills aren’t just crucial for good math grades and high SAT and ACT scores. They are vital for success in most careers and daily life. Knowing how to take given information and use it to figure out new details is a skill with countless applications.
All math classes teach problem-solving skills, but statistics problems are especially relevant for real life. A good grasp of statistics helps students become better researchers and learners in any subject. Plus, strong problem-solving skills have immediate applications in other math and science courses.
Data analysis capabilities
A big part of statistics centers on data analysis. Knowing how to gather, organize, and display data is essential for success in many fields. Statistics students also learn to model data sets to recognize trends and make predictions.
Most STEM fields require strong data analysis skills, and there are countless real-life applications. Students who know how to interpret data and form logical conclusions are less prone to believe misinformation and are better able to make rational decisions based on existing facts.
Many students become frustrated and ashamed when they fall behind in math class. Struggling statistics students may feel that they “should” be able to understand data graphs and the basics of probability theory. Unfortunately, negative emotions often exacerbate the problem, lowering grades and reducing students’ motivation to study and try.
Learner tutors for statistics understand how important it is to rebuild a student’s confidence. Our instructors help students identify their strengths and weaknesses to better understand how to learn. With regular feedback highlighting progress after each session, students start to believe they can succeed in their statistics course. They build confidence and learn to trust their math instincts, so they’re better prepared for independent learning in college and beyond.
Preparation for college and careers
Private tutoring can have benefits far beyond the initial class. Students who gain confidence and understand their own learning styles are more prepared to succeed in their college courses and careers. Additionally, Learner’s online learning environment helps familiarize students with virtual courses and assessments, skills that can help with standardized tests and remote work.
Lifelong Skills Start with The Right Tutor
Why Go With Learner’s One-on-One Online Tutoring? Hear From Students and Parents
- “Our tutor has been wonderful, and Learner customer service has been very positive and flexible to work with. Thank you!” - Patricia A.
- “Our experience with Learner has been top-notch. Our daughter, a freshman in high school, asked for a geometry tutor. She had become very stressed about the class/material and (uncharacteristically) was not enjoying that part of school. As soon as Victor, her Learner tutor, began working with her, we could see a change. She relaxed, knew she could rely on his help a few times per week, and really began to breathe easier. She has enjoyed having extra help we are not qualified to provide, and we have enjoyed watching her thrive. We could highly recommend Learner! Five stars, for sure!” - Sarah
- “So professional and result-oriented. I highly recommend Learner. My son has soared to great heights with the help of his tutor at Learner.” - Katherine
- “Working with Learner has been a great experience for both myself and my child.” - Tasha
- “From start to finish, our experience with Learner has been amazing. Onboarding was seamless and the customer engagement team was friendly and listened well. We were paired with Kelly B., who is an incredibly gifted teacher. My goals were to ensure that my child was really learning the math concepts, not regurgitating for a test. Also, I wanted it to be fun – math is such a rewarding academic, but schools can beat the love of it out of children. We are a few months into weekly sessions with Kelly. Not only is Kelly brilliant and a gifted teacher – she knows how to teach children to enjoy the chase of solving a math problem. She shows my daughter the wonder of learning math and how rewarding the ’a ha!’ moment is. My daughter’s confidence improved. Her test scores were already good, but they are even better. More importantly? She can’t wait for her sessions with Kelly. She comes out of her sessions glowing. She is teaching her teacher and classmates new ways to solve problems. She ASKS for extra sessions. And that is how you create lifelong learners. I have a feeling Kelly will be stuck with us through graduation.” - Alisha
- “Learner has been great to work with. We have used two different tutors, and both have been exceptional to work with. Highly recommend!” - Kristi
- “Chris has been a phenomenal tutor for my daughter, who is a junior in high school, and has been struggling with calculus. We tried three other tutoring services prior to coming across Learner.com. The people at Learner.com asked multiple questions about my daughter’s learning style, personality, and outside interests prior to pairing her with a tutor. They clicked immediately, and he has proved to be life-changing for her with her class. She has had a full grade and a half improvement in just one month of tutoring. I can’t thank Chris and Learner.com enough!” - Susan
- “Learner is a great service. It helps to give your child an edge. My son enjoys the fact that he can log in from home and easily speak to Dylan, his tutor. He is learning many difficult math problems.” - Lucy
Does My Child Need a Statistics Tutor?
While most students benefit from private statistics tutoring, it can be difficult to determine whether your child needs a tutor. Here are some signs that your student may need a statistics tutor:
- Earning poor grades on quizzes and tests
- Taking a long time to finish homework
- Getting frustrated or discouraged in statistics courses
- Feeling left behind during classroom lessons
- Not being able to ask questions or get help with homework
These are some signs that your child needs a statistics tutor, but there may be others. Additionally, tutoring isn’t just for students who are failing. It can help students who feel bored in class because they aren’t being challenged.
Many students feel anxious or overwhelmed in a traditional classroom. They may face peer pressure or distracting circumstances that prevent them from focusing on the material. In a one-on-one tutoring environment, students can focus entirely on their lessons, allowing them to gain a strong appreciation of statistics and its many applications.
The best question to ask is whether your child would benefit from working one-on-one with a statistics expert. Even if they aren’t failing their AP statistics class, you might consider hiring a tutor to provide positive support in a comfortable learning environment.
Ready to schedule that free session?
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to some of the most common questions about online statistics tutoring.
How much does a statistics tutor cost?
Statistics tutors set their rates based on their experience and credentials. Most private statistics tutors charge between $40 and $80 per hour.
What are the benefits of a math tutor?
Math tutors can help students improve their grades and test scores. Additionally, they can help students understand the material so they are better prepared for higher-level high school and college math courses.
Does tutoring make a difference?
Many studies show that students benefit from one-on-one instruction with a tutor. A statistics tutor can help students improve their grades while also helping them regain confidence, prepare for standardized tests, and learn to enjoy math.
What makes an effective tutor?
An effective statistics tutor needs more than just strong math skills. They need to be an excellent teacher who can explain complicated concepts and modify their instruction based on each student’s needs and learning style.
What does an online statistics tutor do?
An online statistics tutor meets with students individually via a virtual platform. Learner’s online statistics tutors provide individualized instruction to help students grasp probability theory and learn how to apply it to analyze data.