We are supportive, rewarding, fast-paced and our goal is to be an education company that accelerates learning. We believe learning is accelerated when content mastery is combined with passion. It is our goal to be the inflection point in a student’s education, unlocking the potential that is naturally inside of them.
Learner was established in 2020 and our growth has been phenomenal! For the time being, we are primarily focused on tutoring all levels of Math. However, we are expanding in the following areas:
- ELA (Reading, Writing, AP English)
- Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Biology)
- Languages (Spanish)
- Test Prep (SAT, ACT, PSAT, SSAT, GMAT, GRE, MCAT)
- Computer Science (AP Computer Science, Coding, Java, Python)
- Business Math (Accounting, Economics, Business Calculus)
- Social Studies (History, Geography, Politics)
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual work attire
- Lively atmosphere
Tutoring at Learner involves providing one-on-one instruction to students in a specific subject(s) or academic area. The tutor’s primary responsibilities include:
- Professional and timely communication with Learner, students and clients.
- Assessing students’ current understanding of the subject matter.
- Developing and implementing lesson plans that address students’ individual needs and learning styles.
- Delivering clear and engaging instruction to students.
- Monitoring students’ progress and providing feedback and support.
- Collaborating with parents, teachers (when appropriate) and other stakeholders to ensure student success.
- Managing your schedule to accommodate your student’s needs.
- Maintaining a positive and productive learning environment.
The right candidate will be:
- Passionate about helping students achieve their educational goals.
- Flexible and able to explain material in multiple ways to ensure the student understands.
- Tech-savvy and able to utilize the tools necessary to conduct successful sessions.
- Engaging, fun and having the ability to connect with students.
- Motivating and inspiring students to become lifelong learners.
- Most of all, patient. Our students need tutors who will be empathetic toward their struggles.
Our tutors should meet these basic qualifications:
- 4 year degree required (non-negotiable)
- 3+ years of professional tutoring experience (non-negotiable)
- 1+ years of professional online tutoring experience (non-negotiable)
- Fast, reliable internet connection
- Own a computer/laptop, stylus pen and headphones
- Professional, quiet environment to conduct sessions
- USA-based bank account & USA SSN (non-negotiable)
- Strong subject matter expertise in the areas they will be teaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
This is a fully remote position. We operate as a distributed team and can work from anywhere.